WILL THE ARTISTS BE ONBOARD FOR THE WHOLE CRUISE?
Yes. All of our artists will be joining you for the full cruise and performing onboard the ship. However, there may be some cases where an artist needs to join us during the cruise or depart early due to a scheduling conflict or other family commitment.
WILL THE ARTISTS BE SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS/TAKING PHOTOS WITH GUESTS?
Many of our artists will be doing formal photo sessions, which will be announced in more detail as we get closer to sailing. Any additional autographs, photos or other interactions will be at each band/artist’s discretion.
HOW MANY SHOWS WILL THE ARTISTS PLAY?
HOW WILL SEATS BE ASSIGNED AND WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY SEAT ASSIGNMENT?
Seating for the Moody Blues Performances and a few other select shows (designated on the schedule) in the Main Theater will be assigned seating. Please note that NOT all main shows in the theatre will be assigned.
Your seat number will be on the laminate you will receive during Embarkation. Seating will be assigned based on the timestamp of your booking within each category and in the order listed below:
All other stateroom categories will then be assigned based on timestamp regardless of cabin type.
Please understand that once seats have been assigned, we cannot change the performance. If you are traveling in a group, please be sure you select the same performance during the booking process so that we can do our best to accommodate. Please also note that the performance choice is not a guarantee, but we will always do our best to honor your request.You can view photos, deck plans and even a virtual tour of the Celebrity Eclipse by clicking HERE.
WHAT CAN WE DO WHEN GOING ASHORE?
Shore excursions will be available for purchase approximately 30 days prior to our sail date and can be accessed by clicking HERE.
WHAT IF I WANT TO GAMBLE AWAY ALL MY MONEY AT SEA…IS THERE A CASINO?
Yes, feel free to gamble from sun up to sun down as the beautiful Celebrity Eclipse has Fortunes Casino featuring the games below:
• Single Deck Blackjack
• Three Card Poker
• Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em
• Craps Table
• Electronic Lightning Poker (Texas Hold ‘Em)
• Ticket In/Ticket Out Slot machines with Oasis player tracking technology
• Baccarat (by request)
• Let It Ride (by request)
Please keep in mind that Celebrity may be required to close the casino (as well as other shops onboard) while we are in port. For information about Fortunes Casino, click HERE.
WHEN WILL WE KNOW THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS?
We will release the schedule of concerts and events about one week before the sailing. Please know that this is not something we do to torture you…but that the schedule is a delicate balancing act and we want to be sure we have made every necessary change before we release it to you. We don’t want you to miss anything due to having an incomplete or altered schedule!
AM I GOING TO STARVE ON BOARD?
Not a chance! The Eclipse offers many dining options on board. CLICK HERE to view both the complimentary as well as the specialty (surcharge added) restaurant options (These options may be subject to change).
ARE THERE SPECIAL DIETS AVAILABLE?
Celebrity offers a separate 7-day Vegetarian Menu, in addition to vegetarian dishes on the standard Main Restaurant menu which are designated by a leaf icon.
A selection of complimentary pre-packaged kosher meals are available. These are Glatt Kosher certified and made under the strict supervision of the O.U. and USDA. If you wish to partake of kosher meals, we ask that you notify us 60 days in advance of your departure date. See the menu for more details.
To accommodate guests with sensitivity to sugar, there is a selection of delicious, mouth-watering desserts with no added sugar. These are available in all restaurants. Just look for the flower symbol on the menu.
Allergic to nuts, shellfish, eggs or something else? Celebrity’s entire team is extensively trained to handle these special needs. Just speak with your Maître d’ on board and he or she will ensure your requirements are met. In the Oceanview Café, speak with the Manager who can answer any of your questions about ingredients in the dishes.
Other Dietary Needs
Lactose-intolerant? Need baby food? Or gluten-free dishes? Just ask and we’ll do our best to let Celebrity know so that they can provide you with delicious alternatives. These, and other diets such as low-fat, low-sodium, and low-cholesterol, have been created in consultation with dietary specialists; selections offered are for lunch and dinner for the Main Restaurant only.
Please note, not all dietary requests can be met. In the event that Celebrity cannot accommodate a particular dietary need or food request of yours, you will be contacted so that alternative arrangements can be made.
Guests with special dietary needs should confirm the arrangements with the Maître d’ on the day of boarding. Any special dietary and food requests can be accommodated in the Main Restaurant only. See the menu for more details.
I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT MY CELL PHONE…WILL I BE ABLE TO USE MY CELL PHONE ON BOARD?
While you’re on the cruise you can use your cell phone to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, access email and surf the web. To stay connected while at sea, remember to pack your phone charger.
Cellular service is available once the ship enters international waters. When you’re at sea and the system is on, depending on the type of phone you have, you will see “NOR18,” “901-18” or “cellularatsea” on your mobile display. You will be billed at international roaming rates, and charges will show on your monthly cellular bill from your home carrier.
For questions about your service, rates or billing, please contact your home carrier.
Note: Wireless Maritime Service provides the cellular service onboard all Celebrity ships.
Discount Cruise Ship packages are now available for AT&T® mobile customers while aboard select ships. Choose from options for calling only, calling and messaging, or calling, messaging and data. Click here for details.
Friends and family can contact the ship by calling 877-266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call 321-953-9002. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute. This can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S., additional long distance charges will also apply.
IS THERE INTERNET SERVICE? WIRELESS??
Celebrity offers Xcelerate, a newly enhanced high-speed Internet service. Xcelerate allows you to browse web sites faster, stay in touch with video calling, and stream your favorite TV shows and movies. Use your own smartphone, tablet, or laptop to connect, or use one of the workstations in the Celebrity iLoungeSM which is open 24 hours a day. Choose from a variety of Internet packages to suit your needs.
HOW DO I PAY FOR THINGS ON THE SHIP?
All Celebrity ships operate on a cashless system. For onboard purchases, you will be provided with a SeaPass® Account. This account can be validated with a Visa, MasterCard, Novus, or American Express card, or you may arrange to pay this account by cash or traveler’s check. All onboard services and purchases may then be signed for and charged to your SeaPass Account. At the end of your cruise, you will receive a completely itemized statement reflecting your charges.
Only U.S. currency is accepted aboard the ships, and personal checks are not accepted. Credit cards can be used to secure cash by using the ATM located near the casino onboard.
Currency exchange services are available onboard at the Guest Relations Desk. The shops, lounges, shore excursions, and AquaSpa®operate on a cashless system; therefore you must use your SeaPass®account when purchasing beverages and services throughout the ship.
**Using your debit or ATM card
- Celebrity does not recommend the use of a debit card as payment for your onboard folio.
- Please be advised that multiple holds will be placed on your debit card account based on your onboard purchases.
- After settling your onboard folio, these debit card holds may remain on your account up to 30 days after the cruise ends.
- To avoid overdraft charges from your bank, please make sure that you have enough available funds in your account during this hold period.
- Neither Celebrity or The Moody Blues Cruise will be responsible for overdraft charges resulting from holds placed on Debit Card accounts.
Cash/Traveler’s Checks Procedures
You can deposit cash or US Traveler’s Checks into your onboard account.
A cash deposit of $300 per person may be placed on your account in lieu of a credit card.
Once you have exceeded the deposited amount, your account will be closed to further charges. You can deposit as much money as often as you’d like throughout the cruise, however, refunds cannot be made until the day of disembarkation for any excess. US Traveler’s Checks can be cashed onboard and are the same as cash.
I RAN OUT OF CASH GAMBLING. ARE THERE ATM’S ONBOARD?
An ATM is available on board on the Eclipse near the casino. You may obtain cash by using your MasterCard, VISA or American Express card, or you may use a bank card belonging to systems such as Cirrus-Plus, Honors, Shazam, Alert, Yankee 24, Pulse, ATH, NYCE, MAC, Magicline, Star System, Oath and Tyme.
DO I NEED TO TIP FOR ANYTHING DURING THE CRUISE?
Gratuities are NOT included in the $250 per person added to your reservation for taxes and fees. Please note that standard Celebrity Cruises gratuities will be added automatically to your on board account. In addition, however, if you receive excellent service, you may always tip any additional amount you feel.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO DRINK ALCOHOL ON THE CRUISE?
Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. The Moody Blues Cruise, On the Blue, Inc. and Celebrity reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Please refer to ShipBoard Etiquette.
CAN I SMOKE ON THE SHIP?
- For your comfort and enjoyment, the Celebrity Eclipse is designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas of the ship. Smoking is not permitted in any dining venue, casino, theater, lounge, hallway, elevator, or corridor. This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom, nor on any stateroom veranda. If you are in violation of this policy, a cleaning fee of $250 USD will be applied to your SeaPass® account and you may be subject to further action pursuant to the “Consequences Section” of the Guest Conduct Policy. Cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco onboard. Additionally, there is a non-smoking policy on all components of the land tour portion of all Celebrity Cruises Cruisetour products. We appreciate your understanding and adherence.
ARE THERE HAIR DRYERS AND IRONS PROVIDED IN THE CABINS?
- All stateroom bathrooms are equipped with soap, shampoo, conditioner and a wall-mounted hair dryer. The Eclipse has multiple North American and European outlets. Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates.
Regular service, picked up before 9AM – returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge.
IS LAUNDRY SERVICE AVAILABLE?
There is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates.
ARE THERE ANY BABYSITTING SERVICES ONBOARD?
Babysitting (Youth Program):
- For a nominal fee of $6.00 per hour per child, children participating in the Celebrity Youth Program, ages 3-11 years old, can participate in the Afternoon Party from 12 noon-2PM on port days and/or the evening Slumber Party from 10PM-1AM daily. Children participating in the Celebrity Youth Program Afternoon and Slumber Parties must be a minimum age of 3 years old and completely toilet trained (diaper/pull-up free).
Babysitting (Stateroom Services):
- For a nominal fee of $19.00 per hour for up to three children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, in-stateroom babysitter. Two sitters will be assigned per stateroom. Children have to be twelve months old or older to be eligible for in-stateroom sitting. Babysitting services are available through the Cabin Services Desk onboard. Parents are asked to make all private, in-cabin babysitting requests 24 hours in advance. Private, in-cabin babysitting is subject to personnel availability.
ARE THERE ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE FOR CHILDREN ONBOARD THE SHIP?
Make sure to check out all kids programs HERE.
ARE CRIBS AND/OR ROLLAWAY BEDS AVAILABLE?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if a crib will be needed for your stateroom.
Due to maritime law, however, each cabin is capacity controlled and rollaway beds are not allowed.
ARE THERE MEDICAL SERVICES ONBOARD?
- There is a minimum of one fully licensed physician, and a minimum of two licensed nurses onboard the Celebrity Eclipse. Types of medications kept onboard are limited, and you must bring an adequate supply of any medications you may need on your cruise. If you require seasickness medication, it is available at the Guest Relations Desk.